Click on the links below for the appropriate section:
CN PAST GALA HONOREES
- 2009 – Choco Orta, La Sonera del Milenio, Carlos A. Picón, Curator in Charge, Department of Greek and Roman Art, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Katilia Velez, Student & Community Activist, Inter American University of Puerto Rico, San German, Jesús Omar Rivera, El Boricuazo, Historian & Author
- 2008 – Catherine Gonzalez, Senior Architectural Designer Thornton Tomasetti, Hector Feliciano, Author The Lost Museum, Margarita Lopez, Community Activist, Board Member, NYC Housing Authority, Carlos Alberto, Couture Fashion Designer, Melina Leon, Singer/Actress
- 2007 – Lisa Thon, Fashion Designer, Yolandita Monge, international recording artist, Dr. Luis O. Reyes and Dr. Diana Caballero, education activists, and Maestro Antonio Martorell, renowned artist, poet, author.
- 2006 – Lynda Baquero, Anchor,
NBC 4 New York, Luis Fonsi, international recording artist and
producer, Daisy Martinez, Chef, Entrepreneur, and Host of Daisy
Cooks and Anthony D. Romero, Executive Director, American Civil
Liberties Union, ACLU..
- 2005 – Mary E. Medina, Executive Director, Center for Trustee Initiatives and Recruitment, Greater New York Hospital Association, Dennis Rivera, President, 1199 SEIU, Monsi C. Roman, Chief Microbiologist Environmental Control and Life Support Systems Design and Development Group, NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center and Salsa
Sensation Frankie Negron
- 2004 – Orlando Figueroa, Space Mission Director, Deputy Associate Administrator for Programs, NASA Headquarters, Jorge Ramos, Anchor, Telemando 47, Ada Rodríguez, Chief Marketing Officer, Health Plus and In Memoriam, Richard Perez, former Young Lord, Community Activist, co-Founder, the Justice Committee, National Congress for Puerto Rican Rights.
- 2003 – Dr. Ricardo Alegría, Historian/Anthropologist, the Honorable Sila María Calderón, Governor, Puerto Rico, Danny
Rivera, Humanitarian, world renowned Puerto Rican Singer, Rafaél Tufíño, el Pintor del Pueblo.
- 2002 – Vice Admiral Richard Carmona, MD, MPH, FACS, United States Surgeon General Commander, USPHS, Nydia Caro, Singer and Entertainer, Debbie Delgado Vega, Founder and Chairperson of the Latino Organization for Liver Awareness, Carmen Gomez Goldberg, President, AVET Transit, Inc. and José R.
Sánchez, CSW, ACSW, Senior Vice President, Generations+ Health Network.
- 2001 – Selma Betancourt, Director of External Communications, Health Plus, Dr. Ricardo R. Fernández, President, Herbert H. Lehman College, Luis Garden
Acosta, Founder & CEO, El Puente, Inc., and Denise Quiñones, Miss Universe 2001.
- 2000 – Roberto Clemente Jr., Broadcast Analyst/New York Yankees and President of The Roberto Clemente Foundation, Susan Hernandez, attorney at Law and Carol Robles Román, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Puerto Rico Industrial Development Company, and José O. Agiuar, President & CEO, Kleener King Industries.
- 1999 – Dr. Antonia C. Novello, NYS Commissioner of Health, Carlos M. Morales, Esq., Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Merrill Lynch & Company, Angelo Figueroa, editor-in-chief, PEOPLE en Español and The Young Lords Party.
- 1998 – Nereida S. Andino, Former Deputy Manhattan Borough President, Actress Jennifer Lopez, Fernando L. Perez, Senior Specialist for Customer Outreach, Con Edison and Polito Vega, on-air personality for La Mega.
- 1997 – Actress Miriam Colón, Carlos L. Santiago, Vice President, NYNEX, Millie Hernández Becker, President & CEO, Westchester Air, Tonio
Burgos, President, Burgos & Associates and Carlos D. Nazario, Jr. President & CEO,
Metro Beer and Soda Distributors.
- 1996 – Dr. Antonia Pantoja, founder of ASPIRA, Goya Foods and
Luis A Miranda, President of Miranda y Más.
CN LO MEJOR DE NUESTRA COMUNIDAD AWARDS
Through Lo Mejor de Nuestra Comunidad award, Comité Noviembre recognizes outstanding individuals who are the unsung heroes of our community and who are making a difference in the Puerto Rican communities of this country. Puerto Ricans whose pride in their heritage and strength of character have empowered themselves and inspired others to make significant impact on the community are recognized. The recipients of this award are chosen by Comité Noviembre from nominations submitted by the community. These individuals are honored at the kick-off celebration of Puerto Rican Heritage Month.
The nomination criteria and form for Lo Mejor de Nuestra Comunidad award is now available here. The deadline for nominations to be received by CN is Wednesday, August 22, 2012. The
Institute for the Puerto Rican/Hispanic Elderly spearheads this awards
back to top
Dr. Antonia Pantoja, founder of ASPIRA of NY receives award from Lorraine Cortes-Vazquez, VP for Education & Government, Cablevision & former Executive Director of ASPIRA of New York
Teresa A. Santiago, Chairperson, Comité Noviembre, Suleika Cabrera Drinane, President, IPRHE and
renowned Singer and Activist Danny
Jennifer Lopez receives CN Heritage Award from Miriam Colón
Miss Universe 2001 Denise Quiñones receives award from Miriam Colón
Suleika Cabrera Drinane, Nydia Caro and Supreme Court Justice Sallie
First Puerto Rican US Congresswoman Nydia Velazquez presents award to actress and AIDS Activist Rosie
Miguel A. Fuentes, President & CEO, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, US Surgeon General Commander Vice Admiral Richard Carmona, MD, MPH, FACS, award recipient and Judge